Thursday, March 1, 2012

Time and Energy

Do you remember when you thought you were busy but you really were not. I sure do. I remember being in high school and thinking that I was busy. But I really wasn't. Then when I arrived at college I thought I was busy but I wasn't busy then either. I seemed to have so much more time then than I do now. But the reality is that I have the same amount of time now as I did then I just have more responsibilities now and more demands on my time today than I did in years past.
The reality is that we all have a limited amount of time and energy. So we have to make choices. We have to decide where we will go and what we will do. We must decide who we will invest in and with whom we will journey in community.
I am becoming more and more aware of this fact the older that I get. Choices are inevitable and as we grow and excell our opportunities will exceed our ability to take part in those opportunities. And here is where our true values are exposed. We value what we invest in. We spend our time, our money, our energy, our resources, and our attentions on things that we value.
So here is what I am going to do. For one week I am going to attempt to track everything I do - what I spend, where I go, and with whom and in whom I invest. You see I think I value certain things but I wonder if I really do value those things or if I am self-deceived into thinking I am someone I really am not.

No comments: