Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Living the Resurrection

Today I choose to bring life to things. I choose to shine the light of Christ's life on those around me. There is so much death, literally and figuratively, in this world. I choose to bring the resurrection power of Jesus with me today. To embody it.
The only way that resurrection hope can be manifested is if something dies. I choose to die to myself today. I choose to put to death the lust of the flesh, pride, false humility, and greed. I choose to journey with someone who is in some small way walking through the valley of the shadow of death.
I can only do what I can do. God will have to be God because all I can be is Dennis. But today I choose to really live...live as one who has been changed by the resurrected Christ can. And because of that change to be a source of light and life to another.

No comments: